Tuesday, July 22, 2008

since we're on the topic of hot stuff....


Check out this hot group of kick-ass photographers!


Patrick Williams of PWP Studio in Atlanta, GA (and Angel in the top photo!)
Tina Carter of Vrai in Chicago, IL
Mark Adams of LaCour in Atlanta, GA
myself... New Haven, CT (and Chris in the top photo too!)
and Matt Adcock of Del Sol Photography in Mexico!

Talk about hot stuff!

This is where, after many long weeks of blogging the past shoots of Atlanta, it all began.
Well... that will really be revealed in the next post.
But that was the night after... and the day before it all started going on.

The next evening Patrick and I went to hear Matt Adcock speak to the Atlanta PUG.
Atlanta is originally Matt's home, but since this past June he is officially fully in Mexico... with his beautiful wife Sol (also an amazing photographer!) So I was quite privileged to learn from Matt and in his environment too! (It made the southern accent more effective!)

Matt's presentation was about his crazy, fun approach to shooting wedding photography with the off camera flash. Matt's desire to make use of the flash off camera has led to many award-winning images all beautifully lit by a few hand held flashes. You can check out more of Matt's work here.

I love his energy and passion for pushing the limits of photography to places you never knew could exist. I try to push myself by taking the camera away from my eye, or if you will... shooting from the hip. I like to consider it shooting from the heart.

Most of my images on this blog and my website are shot with the camera away from my eye.

Check out this shot taken by Mark Adams (and borrowed from Matt's blog) to show where I was sitting (on the floor... I guess you can just see my hair, really.)


Anyway, the rest of the images in this post are shot from the heart. Enjoy!













Did I mention how much I love the baskets of ferns hanging on almost every porch in the South?

And just how awesome the photographers are at the Atlanta PUG?




I love this shot of me talking to Chris and Kattie Torres and Matt Adcock

No comments: